DairyVisionVT was developed as the result of a yearlong organizing effort led by a core group of dairy farmers, agricultural input providers, agricultural finance organizations, management staff from dairy cooperatives, state government employees and others committed to the growth of the Vermont commodity dairy industry. DairyVision provides a holistic approach that covers all aspects of the business, utilizing a unique model focused on unbiased analysis and recommendations. DairyVision Vermont is a not-for-profit organization that helps dairy farms build and improve their business. Our board of directors, executive director and team of service providers work together to provide participating farms with the highest level of service and analysis.
Executive Director: Louise H. Calderwood
440 Echo Hill Road, Craftsbury, VT 05602
Louise H. Calderwood serves as the executive Director of Dairy Vision Vermont in addition to providing government relations and development services to agricultural organizations and producers throughout the northeast. She also serves as adjunct faculty teaching animal science, livestock systems management, US agricultural policy, and small business management at Sterling College in Craftsbury, VT. Calderwood served as Vermont’s deputy secretary of agriculture from 1998 to 2006 and as a regional dairy specialist with UVM Extension, specializing in dairy reproduction, from 1988 to 1998. Calderwood is a graduate of UVM (BS-Dairy Science), Virginia Tech (MS-Dairy Science), Calderwood produces maple syrup and raises buckling goats for the meat market. She serves on the Vermont Community Loan Fund Board, the North Country Investment Corporation Board, the Community National Bank Advisory Board and the Craftsbury Land Use Task Force.
Board of Directors:
The board of DairyVisionVT is substantially comprised of the original people who helped develop and launch the organization. All board members, or the organizations they represented, donated funds or in-kind support to fund start-up costs. A system of staggered terms was developed to provide an orderly turnover of board membership.
Board membership is made up of the following people:
- Mark Magnan | Magnan Dairy Farm, Fairfield
- Eric Clifford | Clifford Farm, Starksboro
- Ransom Conant | Riverside Farm, Richmond
- Reg Chaput | Chaput Family Farms
- Will Gladstone | Newmont Farm, Bradford
- Jane Clifford | Green Mountain Dairy Federation, Starksboro
- Tom Bellavance | AgVentures Financial Services, St Albans
- Jo Bradley | Vermont Economic Development Authority, Montpelie
- Thomas Gallagher | Phoenix Feed and Nutrition, New Haven
- Leon Graves | Dairy Marketing Services, Syracuse NY
- Rick Grant, PhD | Miner Institute, Chazy NY
- Len Bull, PhD | Diplomacy Matters Institute
- Diane Bothfeld | Deputy Secretary, VT Agency of Agriculture, Food & Markets
- Kiersten Bourgeois | Vermont Development Cabinet, Burlington
LEGAL AND CONSULTING:
- Ethan McLaughlin | Gravel and Shea PC, Burlington
- Gregory O’Brien | Worth Mountain Consulting, Burlington